Be a Force of Nature when it comes to extreme weather by learning about potential hazards. Help advance the Weather-Ready Nation by being prepared for the worst. NOAA’s National Weather Service and its partners encourage individuals, families, businesses and communities to know their risk, take action, and be an example when it comes to dangerous weather.
- March 3-9, 2013: Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- March 18-22, 2013; Flood Awareness Week
- March 24-30, 2013; Tsunami Awareness Week
- May 18-24, 2013; Safe Boating Week
- May 26 - June 1, 2013; Hurricane Preparedness Week
- June 1: 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season Officially Begins
- June 2-8, 2013; Rip Current Awareness Week
- June 23-29, 2013; Lightning Safety Awareness Week
In addition to these national events, many states have their own awareness weeks for particular weather hazards. See the Weather Awareness Events Calendar for information from your state.