Be a Force of Nature when it comes to extreme weather by learning about potential hazards. Help advance the Weather-Ready Nation by being prepared for the worst. NOAA’s National Weather Service (NWS) and its partners encourage individuals, families, businesses and communities to know their risk, take action, and be an example when it comes to dangerous weather.
UPCOMING EVENTSNWS Fall 2016 Partners Meeting
November 1, 2016
Silver Spring Civic Building, Silver Spring, Maryland
National Seasonal Safety Campaign
The National Seasonal Safety Campaign is designed to prepare the public for seasonal weather hazards. Seasonal campaigns (winter, spring, summer, fall) will focus on the major weather hazards that are experienced around the country during each season.
National Weather Service Partners Meeting
July 18, 2016
- NWS Director Remarks (PDF)
- National Water Model (PDF)
- NCEP Atmospheric Modeling Suite (PDF)
- Converting Water Information into Actionable Water Intelligence (PDF)
- Dissemination Strategy and Current Status (PDF)
- Dissemination Technical Session (PDF)
- Evolving Field Services (PDF)
- Hazard Simplification (PDF)
- Hydrologic Ensemble Forecasting Service (PDF)
- Transforming NOAA Water Prediction (PDF)
See the Weather Awareness Events Calendar for NWS events from around the country - including your state!
NWS Constituent Briefing
March 23, 2016
Silver Spring, MD
NWS Partners Meeting @ AMS Annual Conference
January 14, 2016
New Orleans, Louisiana
A Town Hall on Community Resilience and Public Health Climate and Extreme Heat
July 29, 2015 7 - 8:30 PM CDT
Field Museum, Chicago, IL
National Hurricane Preparedness Week
May 24-30, 2015
Learn about hurricane Preparedness Learn about hurricane hazards and what you can do to help protect yourself, your family, and your property.