Be a Force of Nature when it comes to extreme weather by learning about potential hazards. Help advance the Weather-Ready Nation by being prepared for the worst. NOAA’s National Weather Service and its partners encourage individuals, families, businesses and communities to know their risk, take action, and be an example when it comes to dangerous weather.
- March 2-8, 2014: National Severe Weather Preparedness Week
- March 16-22, 2014; Flood Awareness Week
- March 23-29, 2014; Tsunami Awareness Week
- April 28 - May 2, 2014: Air Quality Awareness Week
- May 17-23, 2014; Safe Boating Week
- May 23, 2014: Heat Awareness Day
- May 25-31, 2014; Hurricane Preparedness Week
- June 1-7, 2014; Rip Current Awareness Week
- June 22-28, 2014; Lightning Safety Awareness Week
In addition to these national events, many states have their own awareness weeks for particular weather hazards. See the Weather Awareness Events Calendar for information from your state.