ANNEX 1 TO WMO RESOLUTION 40 (Cg-XII)
DATA AND PRODUCTS TO BE EXCHANGED WITHOUT CHARGE AND WITH NO
CONDITIONS ON USE
The purpose of this listing of meteorological and related data
and products is to identify a minimum set of data and products
which are essential to support WMO Programmes and which Members
shall exchange without charge and with no conditions on use. The
meteorological and related data and products which are essential
to support WMO Programmes include, in general, the data from the
RBSNs and as many data as possible that will assist in defining
the state of the atmosphere at least on a scale of the order of
200 km in the horizontal and six to 12 hours in time.
- Six-hourly surface synoptic data from RBSNs, e.g. data in
SYNOP, BUFR or other general purpose WMO;
- All available in situ observations from the marine
environment, e.g. data in SHIP, BUOY, BATHY, TESAC codes, etc.;
- All available aircraft reports, e.g. data in AMDAR, AIREP
- All available data from upper air sounding networks, e.g.
data In TEMP, PILOT, TEMP SHIP, PILOT SHIP codes etc.;
- All reports from the network of stations recommended by the
regional associations as necessary to provide a good
representation of climate, e.g. data in CLIMAT/CLIMAT TEMP and
CLIMAT SHIP/CLIMAT TEMP SHIP codes, etc.;
- Products distributed by Wacs and RSMCs to meet their WMO
- Severe weather warnings and advisories for the protection of
life and property targeted upon end-users;
- Those data and products from operational meteorological
satellites that are agreed between WMO and satellite operators.
(These should include data and products necessary for operations
regarding severe weather warnings and tropical cyclone warnings).
Back to WMO Resolution 40 Contents