ANNEX 4 TO WMO RESOLUTION 40 (Cg-XII)
DEFINITIONS OF TERMS IN THE PRACTICE AND GUIDELINES
- Specifications for the classification of, and the
conditions attached to, the use of data and products exchanged
among WMO Members.
- Redistribute, physically or electronically, outside
the receiving country or group of countries forming a single
economic group, directly or through a third party.
- For commercial purposes
- For recompense beyond the incremental cost of reproduction and delivery.
- Commercial sector
- Governmental or non-governmental organizations
or individuals operating for commercial purposes.
- Meteorological and related data and products
- Geophysical (meteorological, oceanographic, etc.) observational data and
products developed from these data acquired and/or produced by
Members to support WMO Programme requirements.
- Meteorological and related data and products are considered to include
climatological data and products.
- Hydrological data and products, at this stage, are not included
in the application of the practice.
- Aeronautical information generated specifically to serve the needs of
aviation and controlled under the Convention on International Civil Aviation
(Chicago, 1944) is not included in the application of the practice.
- Free and unrestricted
- Non-discriminatory and without charge
(Resolution 23 (EC-XII))--Guidelines on International aspects of
provision of basic and special meteorological services. "Without
charge", in the context of this means at no more than the cost of
reproduction and delivery, without charge for the data and
- Research and education communities
- Researchers, teachers and
students in academic and research institutions, in other research
institutions within governmental and nongovernmental
organizations, and these institutions themselves, as provided for
in national laws and regulations.
Back to WMO Resolution 40 Contents