|Local forecast by
Degrib: To Do
- Web Services:
- Enable one to give a lat/lon and it knows which OConus sector to probe.
- XML (DWML) support straight from degrib.
- Enhance the Datacube to GRIB2 option to work with non-NDFD datasets.
- Generate images (possible "drawshp + degrib" coupling.
- Scriptable from the command line in MS-Window.
- For "custom" sectors.
- For "ozone" images.
- For efficient image generations on web site.
- For images on unix system.
- Update Documentation.
- Update "man pages".
- Update "FAQ pages".
- Update usage error message.
- Update comments in code.
- Extracted versions of "degrib"
- Break off a: "datacube_probe" and a "datacube_create", and
maybe a "datacube2grib", for faster processing of requests.
- Create "degrib-lite" which has no NCEP support, so it doesn't require
- Create an apache module?
- Improvements to "degrib"
- Check on decision of subcenter = 65535 for NDFD and NDGD.
- Check on lower limit of pop12 (should be missing instead of (-1,-1) => -10)
- Check on correction to http://weather.gov/datamgmt/doc/GRIB2_encoding.html
for section 4 octet 43 PoP12 (-3 should be 3).
- For NCEP data, be nice to call a different routine... because of
memswp issues and because of subgrid issues... Faster.
- smooth contours?
- step level to big polygons?
- Use DSF and min/max to auto determine if cube should be Float4,
sInt2 uInt2 sChar uChar...
- Change -Database option to use GRIB2 units... This affects -DP
as well. Disadvantage (slower -DP) Advantage: Potential for smaller
- -DC option read file (by strips)
- New Probe option. (level) (Re-sort?)
- TimeZone output ... -TimeZone option for -P and other options? (Internal clock)
- Test: "c:\>degrib -in maxt.bin -P -pnt 35,35 -WxParse 1 -Separator "**" -out maxt.abc"
In addition: -Separator "**" appears to cause a bug. I shall investigate that.
- Add Over-ride to cat/subCat/param/discipline?
- "-msg" with "-DC" option?
- "-nLabel 1" round to nearest grid cell, "-nLabel 2" use all decimals.
"-nLabel" do "-nLabel 1".
- Add a -warn level option
- Add a sparse grid (every other cell) option?
- Add a "%dv" option to "NameStyle".
- Enable degrib to do what "tcldegrib web.tcl" currently does
- JPEG2000 GRIB2 encoding capability.
- More Selection filters. (select by time)(variable filter? level filter?)
- along with more options for stdout. Maybe - for stdin / stdout?
- Add a -Calc option which would join together several grids? Example
Max (3 hr WindSpeed) to create 12 hr MaxWindSpeed for Hurricane
- Add interpolate to a given grid (instead of just to a coverage grid).
- Add some method for weather icon support.
- option to compute a given lat/lon to grid and vice versa.
- Merge newshp.exe capability: Create empty grids based on user supplied parameters.
- Merge gtopo.exe capability: Create topo grids based on gtopo data set.
- Add a --help, -help or -h option
- Incorporate "degrib.txt" in degrib so -man gives degrib.txt?
- Use clock.c instead of for double clock values.
- Switch to float (from double) for grid
- Split routine to break up a grib2 file into component message files?
- Consider using p 78 in K&R C for getch and ungetch.
- Bug if write to .txt file that is opened using "more"
- Crashes if the destination directory does not exist.
- Make the makefiles depend on the header files.
- May want to move trivial checks in tendian.c behind a #DEBUG. May
speed things up.
- Is Dx and Dy required by Polar stereographic projections?
- Add support for GS3_ORTHOGRAPHIC = 90, GS3_EQUATOR_EQUIDIST = 110,
GS3_AZIMUTH_RANGE = 120
- Add support for GS4_RADAR = 20
- Efficiency checks... ++i not i++?
- Efficiency checks... check header include sets.
- Efficiency checks... check for y loop then x loop... not reverse.
- Add a test suite for -Interp option (both probe and flt).
- Detect Duplicate versions of cygwin1.dll
- Code Review improvements
- CR1: use a Global timeZone variable (InventoryParseTime())
- CR2:-MSB option: Need a "native version of it"?
- CR: Look up "address" in dbf definition.
- CR1:degrib2.h: Make clear who is responsible for filling the is structure.
- CR1:inventory.c GRIB2SectToBuffer: comment on the 5-5 issue.
- CR1:inventory.c GRIB2Inventory: We don't skip sect 3, but don't use it...
either skip it or use it.
- CR1:cstart.c DegribIt: Remove metaparse from ReadGrib2Record call? Efficiency
particularly for probe.
- CR1:cstart.c DegribIt: Move some of this code to degrib2.h so it isn't repeated
- CR1:cstart.c DegribIt: Deal with redundent error handling code... Either goto,
- CR2:myerror.c AllocSprintf: Investigate arbitrarily long format strings.
- CR2:endian.c revfread/revfwrite: Investigate timing of fgetc vs fread..
- CR2:write.c checkFileSize: better comments for "errno"
- CR2:write.c gribWriteFloat: Investigate if scan flag is unclear
- CR2:write.c CreateShpPnt: Emphasize the endian switch in file writes.
- CR2:write.c GridCompute: In comment, compute 5 decimals degrees in meters.
- CR2:write.c CreateDBF: Explain index manipulation because we are being
consistant with the .flt files.
- Improvements to "tkdegrib"
- Right Click for more details option?
- Add hour glass during inventory in GUI
- Lock selections when in GUI download... particularly for custom.
- UpDirectory in GIS tab doesn't go up a directory if a file is selected.
- Add a probe tab in the GUI
- Add a better metaData viewer.
- Double click on GRIB2 message gives pop-up with all the meta data specific to that GRIB2 message.
- Add Image Support.
- Check on "Restart" capability if error occurs in middle of image gen
- Double click does not function properly in list mode file browse in tkdegrib
- Bug if create .mosaic and then delete too fast
- Bug: Percentage with multiple Sector Image Generation.
- Make Tcl interface independent of order with regards to SubCommand first.
Currently it is Cmd ... Degrib is Cmd
- Create a configure Cmd for tcldegrib so we can send the -reset option in
just after downloading the file..
- f_validInv may be a really bad idea...
- Check into -nameStyle vs -outName with GUI issue.
Make sure that tcldegrib can use -nameStyle if once used -out.
- Compile against Tcl/Tk compiled in Ming?
- tkdegrib: Double click on item meta data browser (display meta button)
- Add better viewing support for meta data
- tkdegrib: Add -revFlt option to gui
- Pass back seconds since epoch to Tcl/Tk (rather than formatted string)
(line 211 in tcldegrib (inventory part)).
- Look into the use of mktclapp
- Browse interface for buttons replace with my own browser.
- GMT clock on GIS Page?
- Permission issue with regards to folders during download. (configure option /
pop up warning if permission denied?
- timeout issue on ftp lines?
- Search for imageGen.exe or imageGen
- Icon as part of tkdegrib
- Clean up files: Cause refresh.
- Improvements to "Inventory" option.
- Enhanced inventory capability
- terse inventory listing?
- Code Review 1:inventory.h: May want location / grid information too
(Nx,Ny, lower left).
- inventory.c GRIB2Inventory: Figure out how to give a "warning"?
- Add to inventory (GDS info lower left lat/lon NxNy)
- Improvements to "probe" option.
- Add a output file column to the pntFile (see Kim Waggoner's email 11/18/2004 12:03).
- Add a probe option for the nearest non-missing grid value.
- Probe with time filters.
- Test for probe file labels of "GOOBER and friends" (ie spaces)
- Switch to required , and ignored space in ?probe.c -pntFile option?
- Gridded "Tdlpack" support.
- validate decoder
- create an encoder?
- GrADS / NetCDF support.
- Add scale factor / offset to netcdf
- Add short int / byte for various NDFD weather types.
- Better checks for "../../bin/degrib test_maxt_111500.grb -C -NetCDF -msg 1"
- Install "ncdump" and "ncgen" to /degrib/bin
- f_interp option for NetCDF
- Multiple messages in one file: (NetCDF / GrADS / shapefile) (depending on map projection being identical)
- Output formats: Fortran headers for .flt files.
- Formalize a fltUtil. (Probe set of lat/lon, switch endian, switch scan)
- ESRI support.
- ASCII Grids
- More columns in .dbf file based on tdl2shp answers
- .flt (or .asc) to .shp file capability?
- Generate .prj files for ArcGIS 8.0/9.0
- Better tutorial
- Update the "legend" files used in ArcView to be continuous.
- 3d shapefiles?
- Contour capability?
- Man pages about how to bring WX into ArcGIS
- General support.
- Check code for reliance on 32bit operating system. Fortran code is
safe, but some of the C-code driver has problems.
- Use most recent versions of all libraries.
- Enhance the test suites.
- Uninstall temp dirs
- Keep up with the meta data changes
- Add FGDC compliant meta
- See if you can get .tar.gz file to work properly with IE
- Distribute grib2unpacker as a .dll (Test with MS VisC Compile)
- Create a Tcl/Tk degrib .dll "package"