NOAA / NWS's Meteorological Development Laboratory
Degrib (NDFD GRIB2 Decoder)
Subject: Degrib 1.83
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:45:55 -0400
You have the unique distinction of being registered on the degrib
mailing list (all 1642 of us). Please email me if you want to
unregister. The latest version of the program is on:
www.weather.gov/mdl/degrib/ or www.weather.gov/mdl/NDFD_GRIB2Decoder/.
----------- General News (see:http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/notif.htm)
----------- News about this release:
I've just finished putting together version "1.83" (last one that I
announced was "1.82" on 9/8/2006).
This release focused primarily on getting the same image drawing
capabilities into tkdegrib that were available in releases before 1.81.
(Sorry about having these releases so close together, but I was informed
that the image drawing capability was critical for some fire weather tasks.)
1) Wrote the code necessary to regain the image drawing capabilities
that were available on MS-Windows versions of tkdegrib prior to version 1.81
2) Fixed a bug where tkdegrib didn't exited when closed (introduced in
the rewrite in version 1.81). The result of the bug was that there
could be extra un-terminated "tkdegrib" processes doing nothing.
3) Reconfigured "Day 1-7" snow, qpf, and wgust to avoid trying to merge
in the non-existent day 4-7 forecasts.
4) Fixed a bug in the "usage" message in "web.tcl".
5) Updated the GRIB2 encoding routines (which read from the data cubes
and return a custom GRIB2 subsector) to be able to properly encode
wgust, and adjusted the Decimal Scale Factor used for QPF, and WindSpd.
Please let me know if you have problems.