|WWF64||100 W||162.450 MHz||NORMAL|
County Coverage for WWF64
|CA||Contra Costa||006013||V EYS
The coverage statistics and
maps are calculated using a computer model and station
data assuming ideal conditions.
Coverage may be 5 to 10 percent below the computer
predicted coverage for the following reasons:
- The computer model is sensitive to antenna performance.
Antenna performance is a function of local conditions,
causing signals to be stronger signal level in
some directions than others.
- Most NWR stations are at existing antenna towers,
provided at little or no cost.
- Placement of NWR antennas is dictated by the
tower owner, which may result in a less than ideal
- The antenna may be affected by nearby structures
or bodies of water.
- In some special instances, the antenna may have
been intentionally adjusted to be "directional"
and provide better coverage to a specific area
to the detriment of other areas.
- Most of the stations employ equipment technology
more than 20 years old. Because of variations
in local site conditions, the performance of an
individual transmitter and antenna may be less
than predicted or expected.
- Seasonal environmental conditions, such as icing
or heavy rain, affect performance of a transmitter
station and its various components, particularly
those subject to continuous weather exposure.
- The coverage maps are shown in a single color
format, which relates to an estimated signal level.
- White: Signal level of greater than 18dBuV:
- The county or counties that are marked with
hash markings will receive alert tones from the
transmitter. If your receiver is capable you can
program the device to alert you when the transmitter
sends alert messages. Use the SAME code listed
in the county coverage to program your receiver
for the county or counties to receive alerts.
, Automated Voices
, Receiver Info
, SAME Coding
, Report NWR Outages
, Special Needs
Last Updated: August 22, 2011