Frequently Asked Questions
This site offers a wealth of information on NOAA Weather Radio. Here are some of our most frequently asked questions and answers.
- Where do I buy a receiver and what features should I look for?
- How can I find the location and frequency of the nearest NOAA Weather Radio transmitter?
- Where can I find a list of Weather Radio stations by state?
- How to I report a transmitter that's not working?
- Where can I find more info about automated voicing?
- Who does the Spanish voice?
- What is the NWS warning alarm policy and when are tests?
- What is Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) and what are the actual codes?
- My reception isn't good. What can I do?
- How do I get Weather Radio at sea?
- What is All Hazards? Do I have to have it?