NWWS SATELLITE RECEPTION
- Satellite Dish 1.2m or larger
- Low Noise Band (LNB) down converter
- DVB-S2 compatible satellite receiver (NOVRA S300 or similar)
- Ethernet, RF coaxial and CAT5 network cables as necessary
- Windows - based PC
- Minimum - 20GB storage and 3GB RAM
- SBN/NOAAPORT Channel 201
- Satellite receiver Ingest SBN/NOAAPORT Channel 201
- Product filter (WMO formatted messages)
This filter can be the NWWS-EUC, commercial software, or user developed.
User_ID and password are not required.
INTERNET ACCESS (or with Satellite*)
- User-ID and Password from http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwws/news.html
- NWS End User Client (EUC) – or other commercial software or
- user developed XMPP reader (Java, Pidgin, etc..)
- Windows-based computer if NWWS-EUC is used.
- Internet connection (see NWWS Issues if there are NWWS-OI connection problems)
- User_ID and password are mandatory for NWWS-OI access.