NOAA Weather Wire Service (NWWS)
Description: NWWS singular purpose is to provide timely meteorological, hydrologic, climate, and geophysical information to state and Federal governments, emergency managers, commercial users, media outlets (television, radio, social), and the general public.
NWWS collects various weather products, alerts and warnings from NWS National Centers and Weather Forecast Offices (WFOs) and makes all available over the National Weather Service Satellite Broadcast Network (SBN/NOAAPORT) and via an "Open Interface" (OI) using the Internet.
No meetings or webinars scheduled at this time. Please check back later. Thank you for your interest.
If you need assistance, send e-mail to NWWS.Help@noaa.gov
If you would like to report an issue, send an e-mail to NWWS.Issue@noaa.gov.
For more information please contact:
NWWS Program Manager
Office of Dissemination
1325 East West Hwy SSMC-2, #3422
Silver Spring, MD 20910
NWWS POTENTIAL ISSUES as of 11/2015
Here are the top 5-reasons there may be an authentication failure;
- User_id or Password is incorrect; these are case sensitive.
- Firewall(s) have not been adjusted.
- Port assignment is not "5223"
- Router was not configured properly
- Not connecting to nwws-oi.weather.gov
If after checking the above you still have an issue, use the NWWS Help e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to describe the error code you are still receiving (or problem) and we will try to assist.
Remember: Only one (1) program on one (1) computer can use the assigned user_id and password to log into the NWWS Open Interface (OI).
Anything else will crash your system(s).
End User Client (EUC) Issues
- If your system is running slower than usual or appears frozen; multiple copies of the EUC may be open.
Close all EUC windows and restart.
- Wrong bit rate (32 or 64) software program is used (NWWS End User Client specific).