- July 6, 2010: Corrupted data within the file "AMERICAN.precip.domain.tar" have been updated on the western basin 'data' ftp site.
- March 29, 2010: Codes to display the hourly precipitation and temperature grids in Google Earth were put on the western basin 'data' ftp site.
- March 22-26, 2010: Various updates were made to the 'data' web page for the Western Basin Experiments
- March 22, 2010: Modeling Instructions revised for the western basins. The validation period is extended from 2002 to 2006.
- March 19, 2010: New and additional precipitation and temperature data are available.
- December 11, 2008: Announced a problem with the gridded precipitation data for
the Sierra Nevada basins. Revised precipitation data will be available in
- October 9, 2008: added Ezio Todini, University of Bologna, Italy to the DMIP 2 registrants' list.
- April 14, 2008: Revised gridded temperature data for the Sierra-Nevada basins
for 1987 to 2002 posted to DMIP 2 web site.
- February 19, 2008: Discovered two errors in the generation of the gridded temperature data for
the Sierra Nevada mountains: 1) inconsistent flags for missing Snotel values,
and 2) error of 1-hour in the time stamp of the hourly files. Corrected data
will soon be posted.
- December 14, 2007: Added file names and formats for Western basin simulations.
- December 7, 2007: Added calibrated areal depletion curves for western basins.
- October 23, 2007: Sacramento unit hydrograph for EF Carson Nr. Markleeville
- August 21, 2007: River lines extracted from EPA RF3 files made available for
- August 21, 2007: Deadline extended from Sept. 30, 2007 to December 15, 2007
for submission of basic simulations for the North Fork American River and East
Fork Carson Rivers.
- August 17, 2007: HRAP and 1/2 HRAP resolution connectivity files added to the
Flow Direction Grid data page for Western Basins.
- July 12, 2007: Cross section data added for North Fork American River
- June 18, 2007: Added photos for
Illinois River at Savoy AR,
Elk River near Tiff City Mo,
Illinois River South of Siloam Springs AR.
- May 25, 2007: Added revisions to instructions for streamflow simulation format
- May 9, 2007: Added instructions for using FTP to submit simulations
- April 25, 2007: Added information on how to submit simulations
- April 25, 2007: Updated the modeling instructions for the Oklahoma basins
- March 22, 2007: Additional spatial reference information has been added to the Western Basins precipitation page.
- Februray 12, 2007: Updated the modeling instructions for the Oklahoma basins.
- Februray 6, 2007: A derived dominant soil texture grid has been added to the "STATSGO Soil Data for Oklahoma Soil Moisture Experiment" page.
- February 6, 2007: Schedule updated for Oklahoma experiments.
- February 2, 2007: Soil residual water content and saturation water content grids added to
the "STATSGO Soil Data for Oklahoma Soil Moisture Experiment" page.
- February 2, 2007: 2006 precipitation data for Oklahoma added to the "Multisensor
Precipitation Data for DMIP2" page.
- February 2, 2007: More examples are provided under the "Multisensor Precipitation Data for
DMIP2" --> "Information on how to read and georeference xmrg files" to help
participants ensure they are reading the xmrg files properly.
- January 31, 2007: Added item "Known Data Problems" to the "Multisensor
Precipitation Data for Oklahoma Basins" page
- January 30, 2007: Added HRAP coordinate system documentation link to the NEXRAD
Multisensor Data description web page.
- January 29, 2007: Discovered suspect radar precipitation data for January 4, 1998
for the Elk River basin at USGS gage at Tiff City, MO. Participants notified to ignore
this flood event in their model calibration.
- January 29, 2007: Posted calibrated Sacramento model unit hydrograph on data web
- January 25, 2007: Updated the list of registrants
January 22, 2007: The header of the flow data for Carson River Nr Markleeville was corrected.
The old header has correct station number but incorrect station name, North Fork Amercan R.
December 8, 2006: Updated text on the precipitation data page and the file format description page.
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/oh/hrl/dmip/2/xmrgformat.html. A program that outputs the ESRI style ‘gridascii’ format is now provided directly from this page. This version automatically accounts for possible differences in the way binary files are written on different machines.
December 8, 2006: Modeling instructions for the Western basins modified to allow the use of point SWE data for model calibration.
December 7, 2006: JPEG images of the snow cover data are now available from the snow cover data page
for the Western Basins. The JPEG files provide an image representation of the
ASCII data which have been available from this site since Sept. 27, 2006.
November 29, 2006: Corrected error in coordinates for 2nd ungaged point in the Blue River
Basin. Correct latitude value is 34.444167 degrees, replacing the value of
34.11083 in earlier versions of the modeling instructions.
November 15, 2006: Corrected the observed streamflow for the Carson and
American Rivers so that it is only for the calibration period.
October 12, 2006: Notes on the use of the HMT data for DMIP added to the 'Schedule' link
September 27, 2006: Snow cover data added
September 20, 2006: Western Basin data have been added and can be accessed through the Data page
July 13, 2006: DMIP-2 Science Plan slightly revised to remove use of MPE
Reanalysis data for the Oklahoma basins
July 12, 2006: FTP data access instructions have been eliminated. In the
future, please download all data via web browser links. Let us know if this
causes you difficulties in accessing any of the data.
June 30, 2006: Basin boundary shapefiles have been added to the data page.
June 30, 2006: The 1 arc-second DEM files illinois_dem.asc.gz and blue_dem.asc.gz were found to be corrupt.
These have been replaced with corrected files.
Februrary 28, 2006: Observed streamflow data corrected to have consistent hour format.
February 14, 2006: All data in place for Oklahoma experiments. HL announces
start of DMIP 2 via email to potential participants.
September 27, 2005: DMIP 2 'Kick Off' teleconference for prospective
December 19, 2005: Announced delay in the radar precipitation data
availability for the Oklahoma basins. Data should be available by Jan 31,