Team for Hydraulic Model Evaluation
Provide software options for modeling hydraulic conditions in a forecasting environment.
Evaluate selected hydraulic models to determine their capabilities and limitations in the
technical area as well as their feasibility for implementation into NWSRFS operations.
The models will be tested for different data sets, providing a range of hydraulic conditions
and different degrees of complexity. They will be reviewed against criteria to determine
Scope of Authority/Limitations
- Basis for decisions will be decided on by the team (majority, consensus, other).
- Team will evaluate the following hydraulic models: FLDWAV, HEC-RAS, DELFT, MIKE-11 and/or MIKE-21.
- Team will generate HOSIP documents for SON and CONOPS
- Team will select the sets of data to be tested.
- Team will develop the evaluation criteria.
- Team will evaluate the technical and operational suitability of the models
- Access to test software will be provided to the team
- Team will determine the meeting requirements during the evaluation
- Pending approval of OHD Director, travel expenses will be covered with AHPS funds
- Team will present a preliminary draft of the time frame for the different activities.
- Team will provide a report summarizing the findings and recommendations about the software(s)
for hydraulic modeling the RFCs could use in their operations.
The team will be formed and commence activities by June 1, 2006 and complete their work no later
than June 1, 2007.
Deliver a report summarizing the findings and recommendations that includes a list of hydraulic
models suitable for forecasting stages and/or flows to be used as possible addition to or
instead of FLDWAV. Documentation will be developed for stages 1, 2,and 3 of the HOSIP process.
The team will be made up of at least four regional representatives two from the OHD,
and one from the OCWWS/HSD. The team leader will be Reggina Cabrera. Additional
personnel from the Regions or Headquarters may participate as resources without being
official members of the team.
Service Hydrologist, Cleveland, Ohio
Hydraulic Group Leader