Real-Time Inundation Mapping Evaluation (R-TIME) Team
Vision: The provision of real-time inundation maps will enhance community resiliency by
enabling decision makers to make informed decisions to better mitigate the impact of floods.
Mission: Evaluate demonstration projects in which real-time inundation maps are currently
being generated by the National Weather Service (NWS) and others. NWS demonstration projects are
currently being conducted on the Red River, St. Johns River, Tar River, and Susquehanna River
Basins. Assess the capabilities, limitations, and resources required for each of these
projects/alternatives. Based on the response to the Request for Information (see attachment) and
the evaluation of current mapping activities, recommend the approach (if any) most suitable for
inclusion in real-time operations. Define what information should be provided and how, how the
information will be depicted, the frequency with which the information should be generated, and
the format(s) in which the information should be made available.
Scope of Authority/Limitations:
- This team operates under the authority of the Director of the Office of Hydrologic Development,
and the NOAA Hydrology Program Manager.
- Recommendations must be scientifically sound, efficient and cost effective.
- Analyses must be objective and unbiased.
- Past or current practices, and organizational allegiances among the team members, must not be
allowed to influence either the evaluation or the recommendations.
- The team will consult with internal and external partners and customers as needed.
- Consensus among team members, as agreed upon by the team, is required for a decision to be made
or a recommendation to be adopted. In situations where the team can not achieve consensus, and a
decision must be made to move the team's activities forward, the NOAA Hydrology Program Manager
will adjudicate the impasse.
- Travel expenses, if needed, will be covered by the NOAA Hydrology Program.
- The team will produce a final report consisting of HOSIP/OSIP documentation through Stages 1, 2
and 3 required to implement the recommended solution. The team leader will brief the team's
findings and recommendations to the NOAA Hydrology Program Manager.
Commencement & Termination Date:
- The team will be formed and commence activities by October 15, 2006 and deliver its final
report and briefing by September 30, 2007.
Suggested Team Members:
||Reggina Cabrera (Team Leader)