About Climate Services Branch
The Climate Services Division at NWS headquarters provides the strategic vision for climate services at NWS and oversees the NWS Regional and Local Climate Services program.
The Climate Services Division:
You can contact us by e-mail at:
- Provide oversight and guidance for NWS Operational Climate Services using guidence found in our Operations Document
- Develop and maintain NWS policies, directives (NDS 10-10 Climate Services with link to NWS Climate Directives and requirements for climate products and services
- Develop and administer training courses and modules for NWS field staff and other users
- Facilitate and coordinate development of local climate products
- Develop and maintain online climate tools for local applications
- Provide stewardship of the national climate observing system
- Provide resources and support to the six NWS Regions for the provision of local climate services
- Identify user requirements for climate data and products
- Conduct outreach activities and create outreach materials
- Lead the NWS Climate Services Partnership
- Act as a portal for NOAA information on climate change and variability
"Assessing the past, predicting the future and delivering a local perspective on global climate today."
An engaged, responsive NWS that delivers state-of-the-art, timely, and reliable climate information and decision support services to help the Nation address environmental impacts.
To ensure NWS has the capacity to develop and deliver reliable climate services integrated with weather and water information through user engagement, policy development, data stewardship, incorporation of research into operations, training, education, and outreach in collaboration with partners.