The Partners Exchange Program:
Purpose and Concept
- Strengthen partnerships by establishing two-way communication and face-to-face collaboration between NOAA and the broader climate community.
- Establish mutually beneficial relationships among climate partners by formally connecting the climate services community that exists both internal and external to NOAA.
- Two-way exchange:
- Internal and external partners visit NOAA Headquarter Offices and Centers where they become acquainted with climate services available through NOAA.
- NOAA climate staff visits partners to become acquainted with their climate activities, issues, and needs.
- All-inclusive and unconstrained process to individualize each visit, meeting the needs of climate partners whether internal or external to NOAA.
- Announcements for the PEP Open Application Period will be coming out in February and August each year.
- Please click here during a open period (usually lasts three weeks) to apply online.
- Submissions will be reviewed and approved by the Partners Exchange Program Committee within three weeks of the application period closing.
"Assessing the past, predicting the future and delivering a local perspective on global climate today."
An engaged, responsive NWS that delivers state-of-the-art, timely, and reliable climate information and decision support services to help the Nation address environmental impacts.
To ensure NWS has the capacity to develop and deliver reliable climate services integrated with weather and water information through user engagement, policy development, data stewardship, incorporation of research into operations, training, education, and outreach in collaboration with partners.