1. Travel Arrangements - You will need to make your own travel arrangements. The course participants will obtain the travel accounting code in the NWS TC welcome letter.
Please send a pdf copy of your travel authorization and vouchers to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Hotel Reservations - The reservation will be made in your name and paid for you at
Homewood Suites by Hilton® Kansas City-Airport
7312 NW Polo Drive
Kansas City, Missouri, United States, 64153
In case of cancellation please contact:
Two weeks before the course - Regional Climate Program Managers
Within two weeks of the course - NWS TC staff (816-880-9673)
3. Transportation - hotel provides free shuttle from the airport, the NWS Training Center is within walking distance from the hotel.
4. Participant Registration - the registration is managed by the Regional Climate Program Managers. Most up-to-date rosters of trainees for upcoming classes(link at the top of this page) will be available two week prior each course.
5. Registration Fee - There is NO registration fee. To participate in optional working lunch on Wednesday please be prepared to pay $10 IN CASH on the first day of class.
6. First Day Information - Plan to be at the NWS TC at 7:45 a.m., bring your NOAA badge or any photo ID (you would need to sign in at the front desk). Handouts will be provided for you. You are responsible for bringing writing utensils and notebooks. Binders with handouts will be provided for you and mailed to your address with ground mail. If you prefer FedEx delivery, bring your own airbill.
7. Cancellation - If you find that you will not be able to attend the course as scheduled, please notify us as soon as possible. Two weeks before the course - please contact your Regional Climate Program Managers. Within two weeks of the course - please contact NWS TC staff (816-880-9673).
8. Contact Information - NWS TC will provide you with e-mail access. NWS TC front desk phone: 816-880-9673. You should give this number to your coworkers and family so they can leave messages or contact you in the case of an emergency. Messages will be delivered to you as quickly as possible.
We hope you enjoy your visit to NWS TC, and that your experience in the course is worthwhile. If you have any questions, concerns or problems, please let us know.