Be Green, Conserve Water
- Check plumbing for leaks and promptly repair leaks found.
- When you update appliances in your home or office, select ones that are more energy and water efficient.
- Replace toilets, shower heads, faucets, etc., with low-flow versions.
During a Drought Be Vigilant
- Take shorter showers.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Run the washer less frequently and only when you have a full load.
- Water your lawn less frequently and do so when the temperature is cooler in the early morning or late evening.
- When you run the tap to heat or cool water, keep a pitcher to store the water and use it to water plants.
- Avoid washing your car.
Practice fire prevention
- Don't set off fireworks when conditions are dry.
- Deposit cigarette butts in the proper receptacle to avoid starting a fire.
- Pour water over camp fires and backyard fire pits to ensure they are completely out before leaving them unattended.
Follow directions from local officials
- If there are restrictions on water usage, be sure to heed them!
- Follow burn bans.