- Pack your emergency items.
- Stay aware of the latest wildfire news at the National Interagency Fire Center Large Fire News site or Incident Information Site (Inciweb) and information on your local National Weather Service office and local government/emergency management office. Find out what type of emergencies could occur and how you should respond. Listen to NOAA Weather Radio or other radio or TV stations for the latest storm news.
- Follow instructions issued by local officials. Leave immediately if ordered!
- If NOT ordered to evacuate:
- Do not light campfires, bonfires, candles or anything else that could blow over and start a fire.
- If you smoke, be sure to extinguish your cigarette or cigar before disposing of it. Never through a burning item out a window.
- Bag up trash, clippings and other easily flammable items.
- Fill up your vehicle in case you need to evacuate.