Photo/Video Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the NWS Lightning Safety Website.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR IMAGES (Including both Photographs and video):
What type of images can will be accepted?
- Digital image files (jpg, tif, png, gif, and bmp)
- Digital video files (avi, mov, mp4, mpeg, qt, rm, wmv)
Please limit your submissions to no more than three photographs. Links to images posted elsewhere on the Internet will not be accepted; NWS can only accept attached image files.
- Photographer's name
- Photographer's e-mail address
- Photo's title, subject, and location taken
- Date the photo was taken
- Express, written permission in your email stating that you are the rightful owner of the image, and that you release the image into the public domain. This means that your photo or video may be downloaded, copied, and used by others.
By submitting images, you agree:
- The National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS) offers no compensation for the images
- The use of any images by NOAA/NWS does not does not constitute an endorsement by the NWS of any information, products, or services.
- The submitted images can be used by NOAA/NWS in storm reports, training presentations, printed materials, and on NOAA/NWS Web sites.
- Any images with added caption or personal trademark will not be accepted
- The submitted images may be downloaded, copied, and used by others.
- Images are selected based on uniqueness and appropriateness.
- Not all images will be selected.
- Images may be added to or removed from the on-line Photo Gallery from time to time.
- You may not receive a reply email or confirmation that your image has been selected for the photo gallery.
- if we receive complaints of copyright infringement, the image in question will be immediately removed from NOAA/NWS Web sites