Western Atlantic and Caribbean Marine Text Forecasts by Zone
Marine Forecast Offices & Centers provide links
to their products as well as additional regionally focused
information. Click on map for links.
Beware of hypothermia during these cooler months. Did you know your body can cool 25 times faster in water than in air? That water does not need to be very cold to endanger you?
What is a "Marine Zone Forecast"?
What is a "Marine Point Forecast"?
How can I get a marine forecast via zip, city, or lat/lon?
Did you know that the height of some individual waves may be twice the height of the forecast seas? And may present an even greater danger near shore?
This page under continuous construction.....Please take a
moment to read the information at the bottom of this page.
This is NOT a complete listing of NWS marine forecast products for this area.
See the National Weather Service Marine Forecasts webpage which contains information on the
dissemination of NWS marine weather forecasts including frequency and broadcast schedule information as well as links to products and
National Weather Service Coastal and Offshore forecast products listed on this webpage
are subdivided by zone, each identified by a Universal Generic Code(UGC) e.g. ANZ050, and a Special Area Messaging Encoder (SAME) code, e.g. 073050. SAME codes are used to program SAME-capable NOAA Weather Radio receivers to receive alert messages for user-specified areas.
A graphic version of this page is available.
The entire text of these forecasts may be found at
NWS Production Schedule for Marine Text Products or the low-bandwidth-friendly National Weather Service Marine Forecasts page which also serve as alternate sources of data.
These forecasts are also available via e-mail
Western Atlantic and Caribbean Marine Text Forecasts by Zone
HIGH SEAS FORECAST (not subdivided by zone)
OFFSHORE MARINE ZONE FORECASTS
Synopsis for New England Waters(ANZ898/0738981)
Synopsis for Mid Atlantic Waters (ANZ899/0738991)
Synopsis for the SW N Atlantic including the Bahamas(AMZ101/0751011)
Synopsis for Caribbean Sea and Tropical N Atlantic(AMZ001/0750011)
COASTAL MARINE ZONE FORECASTS
Synopsis for Eastport ME to Stonington ME out 25 NM(ANZ005/0730051)
Synopsis for Stonington ME to Merrimack River MA out 25 NM(ANZ100/0731001)
Synopsis for MA and RI coastal waters (ANZ200/0732001)
Synopsis for Long Island Waters and New York Harbor (ANZ300/0733001)
Synopsis for Sandy Hook, NJ to Fenwick Island, DE and Delaware Bay (ANZ400/0734001)
Coastal waters from Sandy Hook to Manasquan Inlet, NJ out 20 NM (ANZ450/073450)
Coastal waters from Manasquan Inlet to Little Egg Inlet, NJ out 20 NM (ANZ451/073451)
Coastal waters from Little Egg Inlet to Great Egg Inlet, NJ out 20 NM (ANZ452/073452)
Coastal waters from Great Egg Inlet to Cape May, NJ out 20 NM (ANZ453/073453)
Coastal waters from Cape May to Cape Henlopen, DE out 20 NM (ANZ454/073454)
Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island, DE out 20 NM (ANZ455/073455)
Slaughter Beach DE...To Delaware Bay Waters North of East Point, NJ to Slaughter Beach, DE (ANZ430/073430)
Slaughter Beach DE...To Delaware Bay Waters South of East Point, NJ to Slaughter Beach, DE (ANZ431/073431)
Synopsis for Tidal Potomac River and MD Portion of the Chesapeake Bay (ANZ500/0735001)
Synopsis for Fenwick Island to Currituck Beach Light, NC [including Chesapeake Bay and Currituck Sound] (ANZ600/0736001)
Synopsis for eastern North Carolina coastal waters (AMZ100/0751001)
Synopsis for Surf City, NC to Santee River, SC out 20 NM (AMZ200/0752001)
Synopsis for South Santee River SC to Savannah GA out 20 NM and Savannah GA to Altamaha Sounds GA out 60 NM...Including
Charleston Harbor and Grays Reef National Marine Sanctuary" (AMZ300/0753001)
Synopsis for Altamaha Sound, GA to Flagler Beach, FL out 60 NM (AMZ400/0754001)
Synopsis for Flagler Beach to Jupiter Inlet, FL 60 NM (AMZ500/0755001)
Synopsis for Jupiter Inlet to Ocean Reef Out 60 NM (AMZ600/0756001)
Synopsis for Florida Bay and the Keys (GMZ005/0770051)
Synopsis for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands coastal waters
Spanish version] (AMZ700/0757001)
COASTAL MARINE ZONE WARNING AREAS2
- Waters from Eastport ME to Schoodic Point, ME from 25 to 40 nm(ANZ070/0730702 )
- Waters from Schoodic Point, ME to Stonington ME from 25 to 40 nm(ANZ071/0730712 )
- Waters from Stonington ME to Port Clyde ME from 25 to 40 nm(ANZ170/0731702 )
- Waters from Port Clyde ME to Cape Elizabeth ME from 25 to 40 nm(ANZ172/0731722 )
- Waters from Cape Elizabeth ME to Merrimack River MA from 25 to 40 nm(ANZ174/0731742 )
- Ocean waters from Merrimack River to Plymouth from 40 to 60 NM offshore (ANZ270/0732702 )
- Ocean waters from Provincetown to Nantucket from 20 to 35 NM offshore (ANZ271/0732712 )
- Ocean waters from Martha’s Vineyard to Nantucket from 25 to 40 NM offshore (ANZ272/0732722 )
- Ocean waters from Montauk NY to Martha’s Vineyard from 25 to 40 NM offshore (ANZ273/0732732 )
- Waters from Moriches Inlet NY to Montauk Point NY from 20 to 40 NM(ANZ370/0733702 )
- Waters from Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY from 20 to 40 NM(ANZ373/0733732 )
- Waters from Sandy Hook NJ to Fire Island Inlet out 20 to 40 nm(ANZ375/0733752 )
- Waters from Sandy Hook NJ to Manasquan Inlet NJ out 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Manasquan Inlet NJ to Little Egg Inlet NJ out 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Little Egg Inlet NJ to Great Egg Inlet NJ out 20 to 40 nmY from 20 to 40 NM
- Waters from Great Egg Inlet NJ to Cape May NJ out 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chintoteague VA from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Chincoteague VA to Paramore Island VA from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Paramore Island VA to Cape Charles Light VA from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Cape Charles Light to Virginia - North Caroline Border from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Currituck Beach Light to Oregon Inlet NC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Oregon Inlet to Cape Hatteras NC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Cape Hatteras to Ocracoke Inlet NC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters fromOcracoke Inlet to Cape Lookout NC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Cape Lookout to Surf City NC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Surf City to Cape Fear NC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Cape Fear NC to Little River Inlet SC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Little River Inlet to Murrells Inlet SC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Murrells Inlet NC to South Santee River SC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from South Santee River SC to Edisto Beach SC extending from 20 nm to 40 nm
- Waters from Edisto Beach SC to Savanah GA extending from from 20 nm to 40 nm
1 Although SAME codes exist for offshore forecast zones and forecast synopses, they are not used operationally.
2 These areas are part of the offshore forecast area, however, local Weather Forecast Offices will issue warnings using these UGC's and SAME codes in the event of short duration convective events.
3 The "Hague Line" is the popular name for the international boundary that divides U.S. and Canadian waters on Georges Bank.
NOTICE - This page under continuous construction. Please excuse
our dust. Several listed products may not be in existence.
Links not yet available for all products. Linked data may not represent
the latest forecast. The Internet is not part of the National
Weather Service's operational data stream and should never be relied upon
as a means to obtain the latest forecast and warning data.
Please read our
CAUTION - Remember to hit the "RELOAD" button on your
or you may be recalling data from memory rather than downloading the
Abbreviations have been used on this webpage. For the official description of NWS marine forecast areas see the NWS Directives for Marine and Coastal Weather Services. For details on changes to NWS products, visit the Office
of Climate, Water, and Weather Services Service Change Notifications, the Data
Product Change Management Status Reports , and NWS Telecommunication Operations Center (TOC) Data Management Change Notices webpages.
In the event of major system outages, please contact our Systems
Operations Center at 301-713-0902. Please be specific as possible about
the problem you are experiencing and the exact URL which is giving you
difficulties, e.g. http://weather.nws.noaa.gov/....., (or page you are linking
from if that URL is too long).
Marine and Coastal Weather Services Branch
Items of Interest