Guideline 6: Administrative*
No program can be successful without formal planning
and proactive administration. To be recognized in the StormReady Program,
an approved hazardous weather action plans needs to be in place.
This plans needs to address, at a minimum, the following:
- Warning point procedures relating to natural hazards.
- EOC activation criteria and procedures if applicable
- Storm spotter activation criteria and reporting procedures if applicable.
- Storm spotter roster and training record if applicable.
- Criteria and procedures for activation of sirens, cable television override, and/or local systems activation in accordance with state Emergency Alert System (EAS) plans.
- Annual exercises relating to natural hazard.
To facilitate close working relationships, the community/county emergency
management program leader must visit the supporting NWS office
at least every other year. NWS officials will commit to visit accredited
counties, cities, and towns annually to tour EOCs/Warning points and
meet with key officials.
*This guideline may be satisfied by incorporating data/services provided by America's Weather Industry.