The National Weather Service (NWS) is centrally collecting Level III products
from 156 WSR-88D radars and 45 TDWR radars.
The Level III radar products can either be obtained by directly
connecting to the Gateway for an immediate receipt of the products through a LDM feed, via standard anonymous FTP from the Gateway file servers, or receipt of a OPSnet transmission.
The documentation on the products and instructions to download the software needed for the LDM dissemination can
be found below.
Documentation on the radar product central collection and dissemination process used at the Gateway.
Family of Services Agreement
and Fee Schedule for the access to the "Radar Products Service"(RPS) via
dedicated line connection to the RPCCDS.
- Users can access the RPS via dedicated communications line to the NWSTG.
All radar products that the NWS is centrally collecting are available through the RPS.
- Only current customers can have direct links (which will be moved to SSAP or OPSnet), new
customers must have a OPSnet connection.
- Any user interested in subscribing to the RPS should first contact Julie.Hayes@noaa.gov at (301) 713-0864
Available Radar Products:
Software needed to receive the LDM data feed from the Gateway:
- Software Implementation a guide for
configurating the software used for the LDM services of the Gateway
- Download the LDM Software
for receiving in realtime from Unidata
More information about WSR-88D and TDWR radar:
The NWS has established a web site for additional information on the NEXRAD/WSR-88D and TDWR radars
at the NEXRAD Radar Operations Center (ROC), http://www.roc.noaa.gov.