| Home Page
> NWS Organization > OCIO
> TOC > Switching
System > Processing
- Interface the commercial line carriers of over 104
circuits to receive and transmit meteorological information using
- Store meteorological information for switching to other
circuits, based upon stated requirements with a minimum of delay.
- Decode meteorological information to determine proper
destinations for transmissions as rapidly as possible.
- Transform received information into standard code forms
and store in the databases, hundreds of millions of characters of
meteorological information which are passed to NCEP and received
from NCEP in the form of alphanumeric and graphic products for
- Transmit meteorological information in a 24-hour
operation using automated methods in a real-time environment to
maintain a continuous flow on all circuits, including the
AWIPS/NOAAPORT source when required.
- Process information for generation of products required
to meet NWS commitments to support the WMO international exchange
agreements using the computer technology and resources appropriate
to the ever increasing volume of international information in new
- Produce vector graphic products and graphic images from
gridded field data received from alternate sources when the NCEP is
unable to supply the products.