NWS Training Portal
Welcome to the NWS Training Portal! This portal is designed to provide access to all NWS training, including course listings, course descriptions, training schedules, and online materials. Our goal is to provide you with one stop shopping for training! If you have suggestions for improvements, or note any errors, please use the webmasters link at the bottom of the page to share them with the Portal team.
News & Announcements
- COMET has announced the publication of Writing TAFs for Convective Weather, 2nd Edition. This updated two-hour lesson summarizes techniques and best practices for producing an effective Terminal Aerodrome Forecast (TAF) for convective weather based on updated NWS Directives. A case study and examples for various airports are used to provide examples for constructing both TAFs and Aviation Forecast Discussions. To access this lesson in the NWS Learning Center, click here. (02/14/14)
- The National Weather Service Training Center (NWSTC) has announced two new Cooperative Network Operations sessions are now scheduled for March 11-20 and June 17-26.
- The National Weather Service Training Center(NWSTC) has announced the LINUX Administration for WFOs/RFCs - residence course originally scheduled for August is now scheduled for Tuesday, July 8th through Wednesday, July 16th.
- The National Weather Service Training Center (NWSTC) has announced the publication of Safety Focal Point and Environmental Focal Point Training modules. These modules help prepare Safety and Environmental Focal Points for their duties. To access this module in the NWS Learning Center, click here.
- VISIT has published a recorded version of the VIIRS Satellite Imagery in AWIPS training session. This lesson describes the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) data from the Suomi/NPP satellite that has been made available to NWS Regional AWIPS Servers. A variety of VIIRS examples demonstrate the unique operational utility of these new satellite products, which will help forecasters prepare for new satellite channels and products coming in the JPSS and GOES-R era. To access this training in the NWS Learning Center, click here. (02/05/14)
- Through the ESRI Enterprise License Agreement (ELA), NOAA and NWS have a Virtual Campus Premium User License subscription which provides access to many e-learning courses and recorded training seminars. A Google Drive spreadsheet provides instructions for accessing these self-paced ArcGIS training courses and recorded seminars available to NOAA and NWS. (12/20/13)
Page last Modified: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:54 PM