Fire Weather Professional Development Series
PCU 4: Provide Fire Weather Products and Services - DRAFT
Description of Job Duty Competency to be Achieved:
Understand the needs of our fire weather customers to ensure we produce timely, high quality, relevant , and clearly defined products and services using pertinent meteorological data, and fire weather forecast tools and techniques.
Description of Need:
Meteorologists need to effectively communicate fire weather information used by customers in support of their decision-making processes. This includes provision of grid-based and non-grid based products and other services.
- Ability 1. Produce grid-based products and services
- Skill 1.2. Add clear and pertinent text to grid-based products such as the FWF, FWS, RWF, and AFD to enhance these fire weather products and add value in Decision Support.
- Ability 2. Produce non-grid based products and services
- Skill 2.1. Interact with customers to obtain data for creating point (spot) forecasts in support of specific projects and incidents.
- Ability 3. Provide other services
- Skill 3.1. Provide phone and internet briefings.
- Skill 3.2. Proactively communicate fire weather products to customers.
- Skill 3.3. Explain content of fire weather products to customers.
- Skill 3.4. Participate in conference calls.
Page last Modified: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:31 AM