National Weather Service Forecast User Defined Area Forecast
Twin Cities/Chanhassen, MN
This page allows a user to get a forecast for an area they design.
An area is created by clicking on the map and placing markers on the map to create a polygon. The forecast returned
will be an average forecast for the entire area.
- Click on map to set each marker.
- There must be at least 3 markers to make an area.
- All markers are draggable and removable (click on a marker to remove it).
- Elevation limits (upper and lower) can be set using the drop down menus. Elevations are in feet.
- The area size is restriction due to server load considerations. It is currently set to 3000 sq mile. An alert will appear if the area selected is too large.
- Once an area is defined, click on "Get Area Forecast".
- To start over, click Clear Map.
- To save an area, bookmark the forecast page that is returned.
- Note: Grids that fall within Marine areas will not be included in calculations.
The term "grid" is an area that is 2.5km x 2.5km in the West, and
5km x 5km in the Mid-West and East.
Calculating Area Forecast...
The larger the area defined, the longer the calculations take.